Established in 2010
Location: The Australian-based broker and has since opened additional headquarters in London and regional offices throughout Asia-Pacific, Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and South America.
Trading Instruments: FX pairs, CFDs, Cryptocurrencies, Indices, Metals, Commodities, and Share CFDs
Execution type: ECN/STP, Market Maker
- TF Global Markets Limited – authorized by FCA (UK) registration no. 629628
- TF Global Markets Pty Ltd – authorized by ASIC (Australia) registration no. 424700 ABN: 69158361561
- TF Global Markets (Aust) Ltd – authorized by FMA (New Zealand) registration no. FSP623289
- TF Global Markets (Pty) Ltd – authorized by FSCA (SA) registration FSP No 49835
- TF Global Markets Int Limited – authorized by FSA (Seychelles) registration no. 8424818-1
- TF Global Markets (Europe) Ltd – authorized by CySEC (Cyprus) registration no. 321503
Trading Conditions and Features
Base currency: USD, GBP, EUR
Social trading: Social trading support exists via ZuluTrade.
One click execution: yes
Guaranteed Stop loss: yes
Leverage is indeed an important tool, especially for retail traders of smaller sizes. However, the offered leverage levels vary according to the ThinkMarkets entity you trading with.
- The smaller level of 1:30 for major Forex pairs applied to the accounts opened under FCA regulation since the authority.
- Australian traders may use 1:30 leverage for Forex instruments.
- For South African traders’ the maximum leverage is 1:200.
ThinkMarkets offers two account types: Standard and ThinkZero accounts. A free Demo account is also available to practice the experience. Islamic accounts available.
The ThinkMarkets standard account is a great place to start for any trader. The minimum opening balance is 0.00, so you can open the account and have a look around before you even start to trade.
It allows you to trade with a maximum leverage of 30:1 (for retail traders) which means you get 30 times more buying power for your money. You also have the access to 500:1 leverage if you qualify as a professional trader.
You are also able to utilize the free* VPS hosting. This is where you can continue to use your computer for trading even during power cuts, internet disconnections or unexpected shutdowns.
You simply connect to a remote terminal whose server is based near ours, and do your trading from any computer (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) without the need to install any software. *Terms &Conditions apply and listed on the broker’s site.
- Lower spreads – The broker increased our pool of liquidity providers so that you reduce your trading cost for forex and metals further. Start enjoying the advantages of a technology-driven broker you can trust.
- Tight commissions – Always know what you pay. With only €3 commission per side (100,000), ThinkZero makes sure you never pay more than you have to. Only applies to FX and Metals.
- Lighting fast execution – The broker’s servers are hosted in Equinix’s LD5 and HK4 data centers, the world’s largest trading ecosystem. It is this infrastructure that allows us to provide you with raw spreads at the fastest execution speed available world.
A zero spreads account offers minimal or zero spreads between the bid and ask price. This means that traders get direct access to institutional pricing without any added mark-up by the broker. The only charge involved is a small commission.
Traders often choose this type of account for their forex trading not only as a low-cost option, but also because it allows them to calculate their costs more precisely in advance. At ThinkMarkets, you have the option to hold both a Standard and a ThinkZero account and even transfer funds between the accounts.
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has introduced a new regulation that caps leverage available to retail traders. The new rule came into effect on 1st August 2018 and it requires that retail traders add more funds, should they wish to retain their current trading style. Proffessional clients might be eligible for higher leverage.
Check the eligibility criteria
- Traded a significant size of CFDs (at least 10 lots per quarter over the previous four (4) quarters);
- You have a financial portfolio that exceeds €500,000;
- You have at least one year professional work experience in the financial sector, where knowledge of transactions or services in CFDs was required;
- If you don’t satisfy the EPC requirements, you can continue using your ThinkMarkets account as a retail client and the relevant leverage restrictions will apply. The ESMA rules apply to brokers based in the EU. Clients trading with brokers based outside the EU are exempt from the changes. For more information, please contact our customer service team.
ThinkMarkets offers to discover hundreds of markets to trade and constantly increases its range. Based on our research, the offer includes over 40 major, minor and exotic FX pairs, Cryptocurrencies, Indices, Metals, Commodities, and Share CFDs.
The crypto trade offers some of the best market conditions to trade – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Dash, and more.
From the ThinkMarkets benefits, the major ones provide clients with the tightest possible spreads, even under volatile market conditions, from as low as 0.1 pips on EUR/USD. Conditions depend on the account type traders select since the Standard account offering spread only basis from 0.4 pips and averages around 1.2 pips.
While ThinkZero account is more suitable for professional trading, demanding $500 as the first deposit and offering spreads from 0.1 pips with a commission of $3.5 per side as a trading cost.
ThinkMarkets provides clients access to the financial markets via the popular MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 trading platforms, and the proprietary trading platform ThinkTrader, which is available for desktop and mobile versions. MT5 is now available to access from the browser too, without the need to download the platform.
With over half a million users globally and more than 15,000 five-star reviews, our ThinkTrader® platform guarantees an unparalleled trading experience.
- Over 80 intelligent indicators, 50 drawing tools and 14 chart types
- Get up to 200 cloud-based notifications at no charge
- Scan the markets and spot high probability trades with TrendRisk Scanner
- No. 1 mobile trading app in the world – Trade on the go directly from the charts
MetaTrader 4 platform
Execute manual or automated trades (known as Expert Advisors) on the highly popular trading platform with ThinkMarkets. It also lets you enhance your strategies through backtesting them.
- Held on servers in high-end co-location centres for ultra-fast trade execution.
- Benefit from institutional-quality apps, indicators and tools.
Packed with exceptional advantages and a rich set of technical analysis tools, MT5 is here to shape the future of trading. All MT5 features are now available to access from your browser too, without the need to download the platform.
- Enhanced order management including 2 more pending order types than MT4
- First-class charting and 21 timeframes to choose from.
- Integrated economic calendar with advanced features.
ThinkMarkets minimum deposit requirement is $1. For ThinkZero account, the minimum deposit is $500. However, be sure to verify conditions according to entity rules, as methods and fees may vary.
In terms of funding methods, ThinkMarkets offers a few payment methods:
- Credit/Debit cards
- Bank wire
- Perfect Money
While considering ThinkMarkets customer support, we found a professional team available 24/7 and supporting international languages accessible via Live chat, Email, and Phone lines in various regions.
How was the rating of ThinkMarkets performed compared to other brokers?
This 2023 Forex Broker Review has been conducted though thorough research and assessment of rating and ranking among almost 300 international forex brokers. The final grade is given based on 12Trader FX broker performance and features.
Overall our online 12Trader review was conducted with the details obtained from the demo trading and the forex brokers website. If you would like to add details to this online 12Trader or you find inaccurate details 12Trader broker review please get in touch with us and the changes will be applied.